What are the Best Ways for Getting Cheap Car Rentals?
Given the inflation rate in fuel and the competitive market of car-rental, getting cheap car rentals, car hire price is next to impossible. Thus, a customer can never really be satisfied that the deal that he or she has closed is the best. Moreover, consumers often go on with the deal simply to avoid the hassle of bargaining and asking for cheaper alternatives.
Here are a few ways in which you can manage to have a cheap car rental deal:
- Book your car in advance: Booking your car in advance allows you the freedom to shop around and compare prices before finalizing a deal. You can shop both online and offline to get an idea about the present prices in the market and then choose a deal accordingly.
- Make rental deals on the internet: The best deals are almost always advertised on the internet. The companies do this to grab the attention of the consumers. If you get such a deal, it can really be cheap for you.
- Check the insurance overlaps: You must note that vehicle-hire companies always try to make their consumers buy auto insurance. But, you must be careful about it in case you are already covered by your own auto or household policy. In case you are confused, the best thing to do is to check with your insurance agent before you finalize a deal with the vehicle-hire companies. However, there is a benefit of buying auto policy from the vehicle-rentals, which is, it does not let the claims appear on your personal auto insurance, thereby, keeping the “no-claims” or “clean-driver” policy absolutely unaffected.
So, hiring companies will always offer you with a policy, accepting it or declining it is entirely up to you.
- Return with a full tank: Rental companies usually hand the car over to you with a full tank, and you are supposed to return it with the same as well. You may have to pay several bucks per gallon. So, make sure that you return your hired vehicle with the full tank.
- You may get group benefits: Going through a car club or travel association often gets you better car-rental deals. Members of such clubs can get fair amount of discounts on rental rates, which is often between 10 to 15%. Packaging your car hire with hotel or airline booking may also cut down on expenses. Such packages are often offered by major travel sites and agencies.
- Beware of hidden costs: Be clear about all the charges before you drive off the parking lot. Ask the hire company to get you all the details regarding the charges up front. Be sure that you know what are the things that you need to pay for. It is after all not at all pleasant to come back from a trip only to find out that you are ripped off by the people you had hired the automobile from.
- Try to hire from smaller operators: While the bigger companies has greater variety of vehicles, the smaller ones offer personalized services and are much more flexible than the former.
Try to follow these, with which you can surely manage to close a profitable deal getting cheap car rentals the next time you hire an car.